My name is Shay, and I’m just your average nerdy, slightly obsessive (ok maybe more than slightly…), bookworm with way too many fandoms!
Actually, strike that “average” off the list.
I’m a Christian, an oldest child, and an aspiring writer. I created this blog as an attempt to hone my writing skills over the summer leading into my junior year of high school. I have yet to discover if I’d like to pursue writing, literature, or the related fields as a full-time career sometime, but I’m hoping that by spending more time in these interests I’ll be able to understand what their place in my life is supposed to be.
Some basic points about me:
- My top on-screen fandoms (translation: the stories I’m most passionate about and most likely to scream about at the slightest provocation) are Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, and the most recent addition, Doctor Who. Of course, I have tons more, but these are the best-known ones.
- Some of my favorite authors are C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, Lemony Snicket, Kyle Robert Shultz, Wayne Thomas Batson, and Andrew Peterson
- I’m beginning to suspect I am also an anglophile in-the-making
- I will fight you with my bare hands if it’s early morning and you’re blocking the coffee maker
- I’m a cosplayer
- I’m currently learning to draw
- I like big words
- I’ve been homeschooled all my life
- My homeschooled background does NOT in ANY WAY impede my abilities to speak to strangers and make my presence known…
- I’m an ambivert (translation: I have a balance of extrovert and introvert qualities)
I hope you enjoy what you find here! I have a rule around here that no one is EVER allowed to feel hesitant about saying hi in the comments, so if you want to ask me a question or just start up a conversation, please feel free to do so!